Lansing Fun Run earns $1,200
Lansing Parent-Teacher Association can bank about $1,200 into its playground fund.
That was the amount raised by the first Lansing Fun Run, according to run organizer Vickie Kelly. The run was April 23.
Kelly said more than 100 people participated in the event.
"The support was awesome," she said.
The proceeds will be used for playground equipment at the new elementary school.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Salina company acquires 13 vintage record presses
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Topeka teens' music making rounds on Internet