Leadership presents Late Night check
Lansing High School's Leadership students recently presented a check for $7,500 to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
About 140 LHS students participated in the Leadership Council-sponsored Late Night for Leukemia, which began at 10 p.m. April 8 and ended at 5 a.m. April 9 at the Ryan Sports Complex at the University of Saint Mary in Leavenworth.
Senior Andrew Cameron, Late Night coordinator, said this year's event pulled in about $1,400 more than last year's.
Overall, students walked about 450 miles during the night, Cameron said.
More like this story
- BLHS Jazz Night to raise funds for band program
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Basehor accordionist shares 'alien' instrument with grade schoolers
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms
- Class of 2015: BLHS senior says organization is the key