LHS graduation set for Saturday
Commencement exercises for the 158-member Lansing High School Class of 2006 will begin at 10 a.m. Saturday at Frank Graham Field.
Class president Rachel Darrow and other senior members of the school's Leadership group, Matt Warner, Andrew Cameron, Shawn Jung, Meagan Smith, Meagan Logan, Corey Collins and Guy Gardner, will give speeches. Other student speaker will be the class valedictorian and salutatorian, whose names will be announced tonight at the Senior Awards Night ceremony.
In case of inclement weather, graduation will be moved indoors, to the Earl W. Johnsmeyer Gymnasium.
More like this story
- Kansas City Chiefs exec to give leadership lecture at KU
- Kansas City Connection: Newer venues to get your KC music fix
- Kansas City Connection: Bonner Springs balloon fest puts the helium in Halloween
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it
- BLHS baseball team hungry after regional loss