Main Street update
The long-awaited start of roadwork associated with the Main Street System Enhancement project is set to get under way this weekend.
Workers with Leaven-worth Excavating and Equipment Co. (Lexeco) will begin work, weather permitting, on Saturday to remove the bridge over Seven-Mile Creek. The work will necessitate the closing of the two southbound lanes approaching at at the bridge. Traffic will be converted to a single northbound and southbound lane at the bridge.
Utility relocation will continue in other areas along Main but is not expected to cause lane closings, said Ken Miller, the city's Main Street project liaison.
More like this story
- City budget suggestions cause conflict on Shawnee council
- Kansas City Connection: Where comics, movies and TV shows come to life
- Death knell is sounding for the phone book
- Letter: Three cheers for Basehor stories
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County