Office hopeful visits GOP club
Kansas State Sen. Kay O'Connor, candidate for Kansas Secretary of State, addressed the Leavenworth County Republican Women this week at their monthly luncheon.
O'Connor, of Olathe, has served 14 years in the Kansas Legislature in both the House of Representatives and Senate. Her campaign platform is focused on "honest elections" - verification of U.S. citizenship, and fixing flaws in the voter registration system.
Sandy Praeger, Kansas Insurance commissioner, will be the club's guest speaker at its June 19 meeting. Registration begins at 11:30 a.m. and the meeting is at noon at High Noon Saloon, 206 Choctaw St., in Leavenworth.
Leavenworth County Republican Women meetings are open to all Republicans. Please call Marietta Riese (913) 727-1860 before June 10 for lunch reservations. Cost of the luncheon will be $6.50.
More like this story
- Salina man hopes to transform flour mill, redevelop area
- Kansas Wesleyan unveils new majors, changes to curriculum
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Art festival, patriotic celebration to take over Downtown Bonner June 27
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons