Senior picnic slated for Friday
Leavenworth County Council on Aging will have its annual Senior Picnic from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, May 19, at Riverfront Community Center, 123 S. Esplanade St., Leavenworth. The event will feature live entertainment. Nine senior citizens will perform "The Senior Class," a side-splitting comedy show.
Cost is $5 per person, which includes entertainment, lunch, bingo and door prizes. Enter the community center on the south side, lower level. It is handicapped accessible.
Transportation will be provided at a minimal cost. Call 684-0777 for more information.
More like this story
- Salina man hopes to transform flour mill, redevelop area
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Westar Energy will return $38 million to customers
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol