Mass of Christian Burial for Maryann Warden, 79, Lansing, were Wednesday, May 23, at St. Joseph Catholic Church, Leavenworth. Burial was at Mount Calvary Cemetery, Lansing.
Mrs. Warden died Friday, May 19, 2006, at her home.
She was born Nov. 17, 1926, in Mahaska, the daughter of Tom and Margaret (Matthews) Horky.
After the death of Maryann's father, the family moved to Fairbury, Neb., where she graduated from high school. She entered into nurses' training at Providence Hospital in Kansas City, Kan., and graduated in 1947. She worked at Saint John's Hospital for 32 years and Cushing Memorial Hospital for 10 years before retiring.
She married Robert Warden in 1950 in Leavenworth; he survives of the home.
Other survivors include five sons, Scott, Tom, Bruce, Kirk and Christopher; a sister, Margie Slutts, Eldon, Iowa; 18 grandchildren; and 26 great-grandchildren.
A daughter, Barbara Richards, died in 1998. A son, Mark, died in 2003, and another son, James, died in 2004.
A visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m., Tuesday, May 23, 2006, with a rosary at 7 p.m., at the. 913-682-2820).
The family suggests memorials to Xavier School, St. Joseph Catholic Church Altar Society, or Leavenworth Hospice, sent in care of Barnett-Larkin-Brown Funeral Home, 707 S. Sixth St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Kansas governor signs nation's 1st ban on abortion procedure
- Kansas City Connection: The art of ‘Rising Up,’ and visiting some old haunts
- Kansas City Connection: 36 Months in Kansas City
- Basehor accordionist shares 'alien' instrument with grade schoolers