Voting available tonight
The Leavenworth County clerk's office will be open until 7 p.m. today to accommodate voters who would like to cast ballots in advance of Election Day.
The clerk's office is on the first floor of the Leavenworth County Courthouse, 300 Walnut, Leavenworth.
Linda Scheer, county clerk, said the deadline to vote in advance at the clerk's office is noon Monday. Before voting in advance, applications must be signed by the voters.
Scheer also said the deadline for her office to mail advance ballots is noon this Friday.
So applications to receive an advance ballot by mail must be received by then.
And Scheer reminded advance voters -- who are not voting at the courthouse -- must return ballots to her courthouse office by 7 p.m. Election Day, which is next Tuesday, to be counted.
For those people who choose not to vote in advance, polling places will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday.
More like this story
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Tonganoxie police investigating sexual assault case involving 13-year-old
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits