Conservation kits available to seniors
The Council on Aging is distributing Warm Home Conservation Kits to assist eligible seniors in better insulating their homes and saving on energy costs.
The kits are free and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
They are for seniors, ages 60 and over, who meet income guidelines based on the number of people in their household. For example, a senior living alone qualifies if the yearly household income is less than $14,255.
The kits will be distributed at the council's office at 109-A Delaware, Leavenworth, and at the Basehor and Tonganoxie nutrition sites. Seniors should be prepared to verify household yearly income.
For more information, call Patty Willmeth at (913) 684-0777.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives
- Kansas farm experts plan webinar on crop insurance
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties