Legions seek help for VA gift shop
The American Legion, Legion Auxiliary and Sons of the American Legion again will play host to a holiday gift shop for patients and residents at the Dwight D. Eisenhower Medical Center in Leavenworth.
Patients and veterans who live at the VA Center can pick out a gift for family members and have it mailed to the recipient for free.
The shop will be in Building No. 152 (the former library) and will be open from 9:30 a.m. to 4:40 p.m. Monday, Nov. 27, and 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday, Nov. 28 and 29.
Donations of new merchandise are needed, as are volunteers to help operate the shop.
For information about donating merchandise or time, contact Cherie Thomas, VA voluntary service representative, at (913) 682-4259.
More like this story
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Kansas school district officials announce layoffs, pay cuts
- The show must go on: Walcott competes at KU Relays, performs in school play in same night
- Kansas logs first sighting of tropical piratic flycatcher
- Bonner Springs begins city manager search