Anniversary: Jack and Betty McCord Rehm
Jack and Betty McCord Rehm recently observed their 50 wedding anniversary.
The event was celebrated with a dinner hosted by their children, Debra, Michale, David and Rebecca, at the Tall Oaks Christian Conference Center.
Also attending were the Rehms' 11 grandchildren, and a number of extended family and friends. The dinner was followed by a trip to visit with friends and classmates from the 1950s.
Both the Rehms were born and raised in the Bonner Springs area, and were married in 1956 at the Edwardsville Christian Church by the Rev. George Baugh.
Jack retired in 1997 as a commercial carpenter and remains busy with farming and church activities. Betty is a lifelong homemaker and caregiver. She is involved in a variety of city and community programs.
Both are charter members and active in the Walnut Grove Bible Church.
More like this story
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Edwardsville residents question legality of 'halfway house'
- Attorney compares Kansas sperm donor's plight, gay marriage
- Mature Living: Many parents offer their retirement savings to pay for children's education