Mayor’s Christmas Tree Lighting to be Sunday
Lansing's annual kickoff to the holiday season, the Mayor's Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony, will take place this weekend at City Hall, 800 First Terrace.
The event will begin at 6 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 3, and will include the Lansing High School Sound Spectrum. Also participating will be Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.
The lighting will be preceded by the annual Children Light the Way parade at 5:50 p.m. School-age children will gather at 4 p.m. at the high school to make lanterns for the parade.
More like this story
- Wineries, craft breweries experience growth in Kansas
- Kansas Senate panel to consider expanding liquor licenses
- Mars Inc. to expand candy-making plant in Kansas
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- Backyard Beauty: Basehor area resident turns yard into wildlife habitat