Pen ‘n’ Paw contest winners named
Lansing High School's Pen 'n' Paw Club has announced the winners of the literary club's annual photo contest.
They are sophomore Austin Keeling, "Requiem," best digitally enhanced photograph; junior Colleen Archibald, "An Unconnected World," first place; junior Rachel Schifferle, "Illuminating the Way," second place; and freshman Tayler Dumlao, "Together We are Different," third place.
This year's theme, "Find the Hidden Meaning," garnered 64 entries from 16 LHS students, said club sponsor and English teacher Linda Leffler.
Photographers from The University Daily Kansan newspaper judged the entries.
More like this story
- 25 years on, disabilities act has changed lives of millions
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Justice Department sues KCK Housing Authority, former worker
- Court rules with city of Basehor in wrongful termination suit
- ACLU: Kansas' gay marriage laws should be stricken from book