Pen ‘n’ Paw contest winners named
Lansing High School's Pen 'n' Paw Club has announced the winners of the literary club's annual photo contest.
They are sophomore Austin Keeling, "Requiem," best digitally enhanced photograph; junior Colleen Archibald, "An Unconnected World," first place; junior Rachel Schifferle, "Illuminating the Way," second place; and freshman Tayler Dumlao, "Together We are Different," third place.
This year's theme, "Find the Hidden Meaning," garnered 64 entries from 16 LHS students, said club sponsor and English teacher Linda Leffler.
Photographers from The University Daily Kansan newspaper judged the entries.
More like this story
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Kansas lawmakers considering proposals on public employees
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Kansas House panel to review Democratic lawmaker's remarks