Council to be asked to act on appointees
The Lansing Convention and Tourism Committee and Lansing Planning Commission are set to get new members at this week's meeting of the Lansing City Council.
Council members will be asked to approve staff recommendations for two appointees to the tourism panel and one appointee to the planning board.
Pizza Hut general manager Chuck Morrison and Lansing resident Karen Laurence have been suggested as selections for the tourism board for terms ending April 30, 2008.
Staff is recommending the appointment of Lansing retiree Clyde Huffman to the Planning Commission to fill the unexpired term of Janette Labbee-Holdeman, who recently was appointed to the council.
The council meets at 7 p.m. today, Oct. 5, at City Hall, 800 First Terrace.
Here's tonight's agenda:
¢ Hear an update on the Main Street project
¢ Hear a quarterly report from Leavenworth County Development Corp.
¢ Consider appointments to the Convention and Tourism Committee
¢ Consider an appointment to the Planning Commission
¢ Consider a request for a cereal malt beverage license to the Women's Division of the Leavenworth-Lansing Area Chamber of Commerce
¢ Consider a request for a privacy fence at 815 Ida St.
¢ Consider an ordinance assessing costs for weed abatement.
¢ Consider an ordinance assessing costs for nuisances
¢ Consider a drainage improvement project for Holiday Terrace and Highland Road.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie man arrested on suspicion of child endangerment, alcohol charges
- Former nurse accused of sexual assaulting Kansas patients
- Kansas gun dealer to pay $132K to woman for selling to felon
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Basehor recognizes police officers, public works employee who helped arrest sex offender