Fall cleanup set this weekend
This weekend marks the city's annual fall cleanup at the Leavenworth County Solid Waste Transfer Station/Recycling Center on Gilman Road.
The cleanup, from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Oct. 6 and 7, is free for Lansing residents.
Residents can dispose of standard waste, tires, yard waste, tree and brush waste, old appliances, metal items, and construction and demolition waste.
They also can dispose of household hazardous waste, including paint and thinner; oil and other automotive products; pesticides, herbicides, insecticides and other yard products; household cleaning products; and batteries.
Burn barrels nearing the end of their usefulness also can be dropped off. Organizers ask that the barrel residue be placed in a plastic bag with its contents watered down, and all of the contents then placed in a cardboard box.
Residents also can drop off their recyclable goods.
The transfer station is east of Kansas Highway 7 on Gilman Road.
More like this story
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites
- High court to hear Kansas plea to reinstate death sentences
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Brownback supports rural incentives program amid skepticism