Hearing to continue later this month
A former Basehor Elementary School teacher's preliminary hearing has been continued. The hearing for the ex-teacher began last week, but was continued until 3 p.m. Oct. 25, according to Deborah Owens of the Leavenworth County attorney's office. The former teacher, a Bonner Springs resident, is charged with aggravated indecent liberties with a child in October. Prosecutors allege he fondled an 11-year-old. The ex-teacher was arrested in January and is free on bail. School officials said he was placed on administrative leave in October and in January he resigned. As a matter of policy, the Sentinel does not name suspects in sex crimes unless there is a conviction or guilty plea.
More like this story
- Wichita school to establish NASA-inspired space program
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons
- Area students included on fall 2014 KU honor rolls
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education