Hearing to continue later this month
A former Basehor Elementary School teacher's preliminary hearing has been continued. The hearing for the ex-teacher began last week, but was continued until 3 p.m. Oct. 25, according to Deborah Owens of the Leavenworth County attorney's office. The former teacher, a Bonner Springs resident, is charged with aggravated indecent liberties with a child in October. Prosecutors allege he fondled an 11-year-old. The ex-teacher was arrested in January and is free on bail. School officials said he was placed on administrative leave in October and in January he resigned. As a matter of policy, the Sentinel does not name suspects in sex crimes unless there is a conviction or guilty plea.
More like this story
- Wichita school to establish NASA-inspired space program
- USD 458 board reviews culinary program, other high school developments
- Breaking the mold: Male teachers at Bonner school serve as role models, break stereotype
- Class of 2015: BLHS senior says organization is the key
- Bonner's 9th annual Marble Day debuts mascot