Bobcats get 10th win
Soccer team beats Immaculata 5-1
The Basehor-Linwood High School soccer team reached a milestone Thursday with its 5-1 victory over Immaculata. It was the tenth win of the season for the Bobcats, who are 10-3-1, making this season the first in which the team has reached double-digits in victories. The previous best was seven victories, set last year.
Junior forward Stephen Millison led the scoring with three goals. It was Millison's first hat trick and gave him 12 goals this season, breaking his career high of 11, set last year.
Austin Knipp scored the other two goals for BLHS, giving him 27 for the season and 92 for his career. The senior is four goals short of the Kansas record for career goals, with at least three games left to play.
The Bobcats' next game is at home Tuesday against Maur Hill Academy. The varsity game will start at approximately 6 p.m. For a complete update on BLHS soccer, see next week's Sentinel.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good
- More Kansas teachers leaving state, retiring
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Organization Orientation: Basehor-Linwood Assistance Services