Sheriff’s officers make drug arrest in city
Leavenworth County Sheriff's officers, with cooperation from Lansing and Leavenworth police departments, last week served a search warrant for narcotics and seized 48 grams of crack cocaine and cash from a Lansing residence, the Sheriff's Office said in a news release.
A 22-year-old male was arrested Oct. 5 at an apartment in the 200 block of Fairlane and later released. Two other residents in the house were arrested on Leavenworth County warrants. Angela Gordine, 23, was wanted for failure to appear on a possession of cocaine charge; George Stell, 23, was wanted for aggravated assault. Two minor children at the apartment were taken to friends of the family.
The cocaine had a street value of $4,800 and officers seized less than $1,000 in money, said Sheriff's spokesman Leonard Ayres.
More like this story
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas governor talks tax policy with Missouri lawmakers
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas Senate panel's budget debate part of crowded agenda