Lions spoil Senior Night for Pirates
The Lansing High boys soccer team spoiled Senior Night at Piper on Thursday night as LHS rolled to a 4-1 victory.
Senior forward Andy Dick gave Lansing a 1-0 lead in the first half, and that advantage stood until intermission. Piper tied the game early in the second half, but the Lions responded with three more goals to put the game away. Clayton Hall, Nate Markovetz and Stepan Herout all scored in the final 40 minutes.
Senior goalkeeper Alex Burton collected 12 saves in the victory. Herout and senior Josh Robinson tallied assists.
Lansing (11-3-1) closes out the regular season at 6 p.m. Monday at Perry-Lecompton. After that, the Lions will wait to learn what seed they earn in the Class 5A regional playoffs.
More like this story
- GOP legislators block audit of Kansas foster care system
- Kansas agency spokeswoman's Facebook posting draws criticism
- Kansas budget director accessed state email
- Kansas panel considers whether gays should be foster parents
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County