10 minutes : 3.84 pounds of ribs
Mark "The Human Vacuum" Lyle can now add barbecued ribs to the veritable smorgasbord of food-eating championship titles he's won.
Lyle, a contractor and service technician from Gahanna, Ohio, who doubles as a professional eater, wolfed down 3.84 pounds of ribs in 10 minutes Sunday in Lansing to claim the Daniel's Bar-B-Que World Rib Eating Championship.
The win comes just months after Lyle won the World Reuben Eating Championship in Marshall, Mich., where he devoured 3 3/4 sandwiches in eight minutes. He's also won the War of the Wings Chicken Wing Eating Championship.
Coming in a close second in Sunday's competition, sanctioned by the Association of Independent Competitive Eaters was "Gentleman" Joe Menchetti, who ate 3.80 pounds of ribs. Third place went to Chris "The American" Schlesinger, who finished off 2.97 pounds in 10 minutes.
For more on the rib-eating contest and Daniel's Hogtoberfest event, see the Oct. 19 edition of The Current.
More like this story
- Backyard Beauty: Basehor area resident turns yard into wildlife habitat
- Ray Cox remembered as truly dedicated to his community
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons
- Edwardsville councilman accused of making racist statements
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary