Military retiree day scheduled at fort
Retirees from all military services and their families are eligible to attend the 43rd annual Military Retiree Appreciation Day and Health Awareness Fair at Fort Leavenworth.
The Retiree Appreciation program will be from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Oct. 28 in the west gym at the Harney Sports Complex, 185 Fourth Street. The Health Awareness Fair, which provides information for retirees and their families, will run from 10:30 a.m. to noon.
The program will include a welcome from the fort's commanding general, Lt. General David H. Petraeus, along with several guest speakers, including retired Lt. Gen. Frederick E. Vollrath, chairman of the Army chief of staff's Retiree Council; Col. John F. Sackett, chief of combat related special compensation; and Col. Carmen Rinehart, commander of Munson Army Health Center.
Parking will be available at the Commissary and Post Exchange parking lots. There will be a free shuttle bus, which will run every 20 minutes beginning at 7:30 a.m.
More like this story
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Face to Face: Basehor High principal Sherry Reeves
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Brownback urges schools to move more money into classrooms
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs Senior Center's Gloria Ochoa