Ruth E. Eagles
Services for Ruth E. Eagles, 95, of Lansing, were Monday, Oct. 16, at Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapel, Leavenworth. Burial was in Mount Muncie Cemetery, Lansing.
Mrs. Eagles died Friday, Oct. 13, 2006, at Cushing Memorial Hospital, Leavenworth.
She was born June 6, 1911, in Hutchinson, the daughter of Charles M. and Laura M. (Gregg) Martin.
She married Leland W. Eagles on April 5, 1929, in Leavenworth. He died June 10, 1974.
Mrs. Eagles was a homemaker who loved spending time with her family and friends. She was a member of Lansing United Methodist Church, Eagles Auxiliary, Garden Club, "Young at Heart" and Lansing Community Club.
Survivors include three daughters, Joyce L. Carey, Lansing, Louise R. Delaney, Leavenworth, and Carol J. Slapper, Leavenworth; eight grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
A son, Terry L. Eagles, died in 1992.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas district court judge sues over state law on courts
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- Kobach says Kansas attracted most new businesses since 2003