Self-defense seminar offered
The Women's Division of the Leavenworth-Lansing Area Chamber of Commerce and the Ali Kemp Educational Foundation are teaming up to offer a hands-on self-defense seminar for women.
The seminar will be from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, Oct. 21, at the Riverfront Community Center in Leavenworth. Day care and Ident-a-Kid services will be available during the seminar.
The event is open to females 12 and older.
Cost will be $5 at the door.
More like this story
- Basehor accordionist shares 'alien' instrument with grade schoolers
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals
- Mini Maestro: Edwardsville student's composition tops in competition
- Topeka teens' music making rounds on Internet