Self-defense seminar offered
The Women's Division of the Leavenworth-Lansing Area Chamber of Commerce and the Ali Kemp Educational Foundation are teaming up to offer a hands-on self-defense seminar for women.
The seminar will be from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, Oct. 21, at the Riverfront Community Center in Leavenworth. Day care and Ident-a-Kid services will be available during the seminar.
The event is open to females 12 and older.
Cost will be $5 at the door.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday