Lansing volleyball falls in substate finals
Topeka For the second straight year, Lansing's season ended with a loss to Topeka Seaman.
Seaman used an 11-0 run midway through game two to put away the match, 25-20, 25-17, on Saturday evening at Topeka West High School.
Lansing beat Bonner Springs in the semifinals, 25-18, 25-14.
LHS ends its season with a 26-10 record. The loss ended the high school careers of seniors Kate Courtney, Elizabeth Cristiano, Riann Deere and Jessie Delinger. Eight players will return to next year's squad.
For a full recap of the substate tournament, pick up the Oct. 26 edition of The Current.
More like this story
- Some Wichita city officials open to discuss Confederate flag
- 2 injured after car explodes on Kansas expressway
- Kansas City Connection: Fourth of July fireworks, folk art at the Nelson
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals