Pandemic flu topic of upcoming forum
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment and the Leavenworth County Health Department will present an educational forum from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Nov. 13 at the Riverfront Community Center, 123 S. Esplanade St., Leavenworth.
The forum is to increase the public's awareness of pandemic influenza, avian flu and the state's preparedness plan.
Anyone attending the forum will also receive information on protection from seasonal influenza.
Dr. Howard Rodenberg, state health officer, and Dr. Gail Hansen, state epidemiologist, will discuss what to expect if avian and/or pandemic influenza appears in the United States, ways to limit the spread of the flu and the Kansas Pandemic Influenza Preparedness and Response Plan.
Rodenberg and Hansen also will discuss guidelines on seeking medical care when someone experiences influenza symptoms, the importance of vaccinations, the products available for treatment and the differences between various types of influenza.
A question-and-answer session will follow each presentation
More like this story
- Basehor, Bonner area students receive collegiate honors
- Basehor-Linwood Middle School names new principal
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom
- Ray Cox remembered as truly dedicated to his community