Senior earns scholarship program honor
Lansing High School senior Natalie A. Hall has been named a Commended Student in the 2007 National Merit Scholarship Program.
Hall and other Commended Students placed among the top 5 percent of more than 1.4 million students who entered the competition, according to a news release from the National Merit Scholarship Corporation.
About 34,000 students who took the 2005 Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test earned the Commended Student honor.
LHS counselor Linda Tubbs said Hall deserved the recognition.
Tubbs commended Hall's academic achievements, as well as her involvement in 4-H Club and volunteer activities.
"She's just a really good student, a nice young lady and a good leader," Tubbs said.
More like this story
- Cornerstone senior housing moves forward; final approval later this month
- Court rules with city of Basehor in wrongful termination suit
- Basehor 3rd graders conduct mock city council meeting
- Basehor considers plans for stormwater drainage near 155th and Parallel
- Edwardsville councilman accused of making racist statements