Main lanes to change
Traffic slated to switch on Tuesday
Changes on Main Street await drivers as work on the multimillion-dollar project progresses.
Weather permitting on Tuesday, Oct. 31, traffic on Main Street will be switched to the outermost lanes from Seven-Mile Creek Bridge to Olive Street.
Ken Miller, the city's Main Street project liaison, in a news release Wednesday, said Main Street traffic will continue to move in one lane each direction on the westernmost (southbound) lane, and on the easternmost (northbound) lane. The traffic pattern shift is being made to accommodate construction work on medians and is tentatively scheduled to remain in effect until mid- to late November, weather permitting.
Also Tuesday, motorists on Main Street will be able to make left-hand turns at several locations where those turns were previously prohibited.
Northbound motorists will be able to turn left (west) at Ida Street, but Miller urged caution since there will not be a left-turn only traffic signal at the intersection of Main and Ida.
Southbound Main Street motorists will also be able to turn left (east) at Olive Street.
For more information, contact Miller at 208-6650 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Rotary Club
- Bonner animal group says city's sluggish response was costly
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs-Edwardsville Kiwanis Club