Bruce G. High Sr.
Leavenworth Services for Bruce G. High Sr., 54, of Leavenworth, will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 6, at Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapel, Leavenworth. Burial with military honors will follow in Leavenworth National Cemetery.
Mr. High died Friday, Sept 1, 2006, at his home.
He was born March 22, 1952, in San Bernardino, Calif., the son of Lloyd G. High and Charlene W. (Bodaro) High Harrison.
Mr. High was retired from Labors Local No. 1290. He had been a machinist and an engineer with the railroad.
He was an Army veteran and had served in the Vietnam War.
Mr. High was a member Household of Faith Church of Leavenworth, and American Legion Post No. 411 of Lansing, and he enjoyed fishing, hunting and working on his Ford Mustang.
Survivors include two sons, Bruce G. Jr., Liberty, Mo., and Eli D., Belton, Mo.; a sister Linda C. High, Bonner Springs; brothers David, Liberty, Mo., Roger, Basehor, and Dale, Bonner Springs; and four grandchildren.
The family will receive friends from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 5,at the funeral chapel.
The family suggests memorials to the family, sent in care of the funeral home, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Quapaw tribe seeks dismissal of lawsuit over casino plans
- Insurance companies say 2014 exchange members older, sicker
- Bonner animal group says city's sluggish response was costly
- Basehor to make push for EMS service improvements
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park