Hazel L. Chambers
Leavenworth A memorial service for Hazel L. Chambers, 72, of Leavenworth, will be scheduled at a later date.
Mrs. Chambers died Thursday, Aug. 31, 2006 at her home.
She was born Nov. 11, 1933, in Agenda, the daughter of Thomas and Sarah (McCullum) Kopsa.
Mrs. Chambers had worked as a bartender at different establishments, including the Max Overhaul Club. She was a member of the American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars auxiliaries.
She was married to James W. Chambers. He died May 2, 1997.
Survivors include a son Eddie Hamilton; daughters Lois N. Pliler, Donna S. Pliler, Paula J. Pliler, Sarah L. Nickerson, Vienna L. Jones, Kathy Davidson and Jimmy A. Jones of Leavenworth; several grandchildren; a sister, Margie Canterbury; and brothers Frank "Mac" Kopsa and Charlie Francis Elliott.
An infant daughter, Peggy A. Hamilton, also died earlier.
The family suggests memorials to the family, sent in care of the Barnett-Larkin-Brown Funeral Home, 707 S. Sixth St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Hollywood Casino hotel process hitting home stretch
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer