Charles “Ed” Amos
Services for Charles "Ed" Edward Amos, 69, Lansing, will be at 1 p.m. today, Sept. 7, at Barnett-Larkin-Brown Funeral Home, Leavenworth. Burial will follow in Mount Muncie Cemetery, Lansing.
Mr. Amos died Sunday, Sept. 3, 2006, at Providence Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan.
He was born Oct. 24, 1936, in Atchison.
Mr. Amos was a dedicated truck driver for Suburban hauling. He enjoyed driving Semi-trucks for more than 50 years.
His passion was playing music, and he organized many charitable benefits over the years.
Survivors include his wife of more than 13 years, Karla Amos, of the home; three sons, Parker, Platte City, Mo., Randy, Sedalia, Mo., and Michael, Hiawatha; two daughters Meredith Martinez, Smithville, Mo., and Terra Huffman, Winchester; a sister, Patricia Jones, Independence, Mo.; a brother, Arthur Gassert, Lawrence; and nine grandchildren.
A daughter, Tina Lee Amos, died earlier.
The family suggests memorials to the family, sent in care of the funeral home, 707 S. Sixth St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs Senior Center's Gloria Ochoa
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program