Hazel L. Chambers
A memorial service for Hazel L. Chambers, 72, of Leavenworth, will be scheduled at a later date.
Mrs. Chambers died Thursday, Aug. 31, 2006, at her home.
She was born Nov. 11, 1933, in Agenda, the daughter of Thomas and Sarah (McCullum) Kopsa.
Mrs. Chambers had worked as a bartender at different establishments, including the Max Overhaul Club. She was a member of the American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars auxiliaries.
She was married to James W. Chambers. He died May 2, 1997.
Survivors include a son Eddie Hamilton; daughters Lois N. Pliler, Donna S. Pliler, Paula J. Pliler, Sarah L. Nickerson, Vienna L. Jones, Kathy Davidson and Jimmy A. Jones of Leavenworth; several grandchildren; a sister, Margie Canterbury; and brothers Frank "Mac" Kopsa and Charlie Francis Elliott.
An infant daughter, Peggy A. Hamilton, also died earlier.
The family suggests memorials to the family, sent in care of the Barnett-Larkin-Brown Funeral Home, 707 S. Sixth St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- GOP legislators block audit of Kansas foster care system
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Brownback makes appointments to commissions, boards
- Abuse is main reason Kansas removes children from homes
- ACLU: Kansas' gay marriage laws should be stricken from book