Wanted: Seniors to write letters
The Council on Aging is looking for senior citizens 55 and older to correspond with students at area elementary schools during this school year.
Students will learn how to write a letter, address an envelope, ask and answer questions. They will make a new friend. At the end of the school year, we will have a reception for you to meet your pen pal.
Contact Shirley Hund, 684-0777 to enroll and be paired up with your new pen pal.
"Not much time is needed to write a short note or send a card out once a month, and you will get back much in return," Hund said.
More like this story
- Agencies expanding capacity for domestic violence victims
- Kaw Valley Relay For Life alters format, seeks participants
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Relay For Life participant turned cancer survivor encourages participation
- Douglas County Fair returns July 24 with new theme, kiddie derby