Connie S. Ryan
A memorial service for Connie S. Ryan, 61, Leavenworth, was Monday, Sept. 11, at Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapel, Leavenworth.
Mrs. Ryan died Thursday, Sept. 7, 2006, at Providence Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan.
She was born Sept. 15, 1944, in Fort Wayne, Ind., the daughter of Joseph and Jackie (Blackburn) Ferguson. After her father died, her mother later remarried, and she was raised by Jackie and Herbert Cunningham.
Mrs. Ryan was a teacher for more than 32 years and was retired from the Fort Leavenworth School District, where she taught second grade. She was a member of St. Casimir Catholic Church, its Altar Society and the choir, River City Happy Hatters Red Hat Club, Eagles Auxiliary, and National Education Association.
She married William D. Ryan on April 16, 1981, at Leavenworth. He survives.
Other survivors include two sons, Joseph G. Hunter, Kansas City, Mo., and William K. Ryan Olathe; a sister, Diane Oswalt, Greenwood, Ind., her father, Herbert Cunningham, and his wife, Estelle, Bossier City, La.; and four grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to St. Casimir Catholic Church, sent in care of the funeral home, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Kansas raises rents on agencies in state office buildings
- 2 injured after car explodes on Kansas expressway
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens
- Kansas spent nearly $7,800 to rid state building of pests
- Salina company acquires 13 vintage record presses