Rachael T. Whaley
Memorial services for Rachael T. Whaley, 27, of Atchison, will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 17, at Barnett-Larkin-Brown Funeral Home, Leavenworth. Friends may call after 1:30 p.m.
Ms. Whaley died Sunday, Sept. 10, 2006, at her home.
She was born Oct. 15, 1978, in Leavenworth, the daughter of Terry E. Whaley and Lu-Ann (Shane) Pike.
Rachael was attending school at Atchison Vo-Tech and was raising her two children. She enjoyed scrap-booking.
Survivors include a son, Jacob W. Whaley, and a daughter, Jenna N. Whaley, both of the home; father, Terry E. Whaley, and wife, Kathie, Leavenworth; her mother, Lu-Ann Pike, and husband Chris, Rushville, Mo.; grandmother, Eleanor Shane, Viborg, S.D.; a brother, Larr Whaley, Leavenworth; four sisters, Michelle Whaley, Leavenworth, Jodi Jost, Leesburg, Va., and Emily Bunch and Billie Lu Watts, both of Rushville; a stepbrother, Randy Pike, Atchison; and two stepsisters Charlene Pike, McLouth, and Jessica Pike, Leavenworth.
The family suggest memorials to the Jacob and Jenna Whaley Savings account at MidAmerican Bank, sent in care of the funeral home, 707 S. Sixth St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Kansas House passes teacher collective bargaining compromise
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Salina man hopes to transform flour mill, redevelop area
- Kansas governor talks tax policy with Missouri lawmakers
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer