‘Celebrities’ serve for schools
Ashley Aull, Miss Kansas USA, serves a plate of food to Lansing School Board member Brian Bode during the Lansing Educational Foundation Fund Celebrity Dinner. Aull was one of about a dozen "celebrity servers" during two seatings at the dinner, which was Saturday, Sept. 16, at Ashlee's. More than 70 people attended the fundraiser. Other "celebrities" included Lansing Superintendent Randal Bagby, School Board President Shelly Gowdy, Mayor Kenneth Bernard and former Miss Kansas Joan Padgett and Norma Hoagland. Ashlee's owner Carolyn Hackman donated the use of her restaurant, all of the food and her kitchen staff's assistance for the fundraiser.
More like this story
- Billionaire buys Woodlands racing complex, but future fuzzy
- Kansas City Connection: Charisse retains old charm as Power & Light alternative
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- Kansas board to pick developer for new state-owned casino
- Kansas House passes budget requiring higher taxes to balance