‘Celebrities’ serve for schools
Ashley Aull, Miss Kansas USA, serves a plate of food to Lansing School Board member Brian Bode during the Lansing Educational Foundation Fund Celebrity Dinner. Aull was one of about a dozen "celebrity servers" during two seatings at the dinner, which was Saturday, Sept. 16, at Ashlee's. More than 70 people attended the fundraiser. Other "celebrities" included Lansing Superintendent Randal Bagby, School Board President Shelly Gowdy, Mayor Kenneth Bernard and former Miss Kansas Joan Padgett and Norma Hoagland. Ashlee's owner Carolyn Hackman donated the use of her restaurant, all of the food and her kitchen staff's assistance for the fundraiser.
More like this story
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Fascinating fasteners: Bonner woman shares button hobby through 'traveling museum'