Great Escape Run slated for Sept. 30 at Fort Leavenworth
Runners intrigued by the layout of the oldest continuously operating military base west of the Mississippi can participate in the 13th annual Great Escape Run on Fort Leavenworth.
The run, which is open to the public, starts at 8 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 30, at the 705th Military Police Battalion headquarters on Bluntville and McPherson avenues.
Two courses are offered, a 10-kilometer and a four-mile. Team and individuals runners, as well as walkers, are welcome, but participants are warned both courses contain steep inclines. Awards will go to the top three finishers in age groups for both males and females.
The run is sponsored by the 705th Military Police Battalion and Fort Leavenworth Morale, Welfare and Recreation.
For entry instructions and more information, contact Henry Leung at (248) 703-7404.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls