Great Escape Run slated for Sept. 30 at Fort Leavenworth
Runners intrigued by the layout of the oldest continuously operating military base west of the Mississippi can participate in the 13th annual Great Escape Run on Fort Leavenworth.
The run, which is open to the public, starts at 8 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 30, at the 705th Military Police Battalion headquarters on Bluntville and McPherson avenues.
Two courses are offered, a 10-kilometer and a four-mile. Team and individuals runners, as well as walkers, are welcome, but participants are warned both courses contain steep inclines. Awards will go to the top three finishers in age groups for both males and females.
The run is sponsored by the 705th Military Police Battalion and Fort Leavenworth Morale, Welfare and Recreation.
For entry instructions and more information, contact Henry Leung at (248) 703-7404.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Farm-fresh flavor; Floyd’s ‘Dark Side’
- Kansas City Connection: 9 events to kick off a busy September
- Kansas City Connection: Getting pumped for postseason baseball
- Kansas CIty Connection: Fall chock-full of colorful events
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals