Middle School offers tutoring
Lansing Middle School's after-school tutoring program has begun offering homework help from 3:25 to 4:25 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays.
Don Haussler, program coordinator, said he's "looking for lots of help" for the students, who are referred to the program by teachers and parents.
Volunteers are needed to help students with math, English, science and social studies. Haussler said high school students and community volunteers helped last year with a variety of needs.
To volunteer or register a student for tutoring, call Haussler or Brooks Jenkins, assistant principal, at 727-1197, or e-mail Haussler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Garden City woman pleads not guilty in marijuana case
- Man who escaped from Kansas police custody found in Missouri
- Kansas congressional staffer sentenced for child sex charges
- Kansas gun dealer to pay $132K to woman for selling to felon
- Former Shawnee music teacher charged with molestation missing from house arrest