LHS tennis third at Baldwin JV Tournament
Anchored by second-place finishes by both doubles teams, the Lansing High tennis team placed third Friday at the Baldwin Junior Varsity Tournament.
Junior Sarah Sargent and freshman Amy Briggs teamed to place second at No. 1 doubles. The No. 2 doubles team of freshmen Ariana Domke and Allison Dillon also notched a runner-up finish in their bracket. Freshman Ashley Harrington also made a strong showing as she placed third at No. 1 singles. Freshman Sarah Nielsen made her singles debut and placed fifth in the No. 2 bracket.
Topeka Hayden won the team title with 32 points. Lansing and Baldwin tied for second with 22, but Baldwin held the win percentage tiebreaker advantage.
More like this story
- Changes in funding could change online offerings in Kansas
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer
- Youth sports reviewed at Basehor library
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Basehor's 10th annual Dairy Days looking for sunny skies