LHS to stay in Class 5A
Lansing High will spend a third straight year in Kansas Class 5A. That was revealed Tuesday when the Kansas State High School Activities Association released its classification and enrollment numbers for the 2006-2007 school year. Those numbers account for high school sophomores, juniors and seniors.
Lansing is the second-smallest 5A school with an enrollment number of 546. Sumner Academy is the smallest 5A with 536.
Bonner Springs and Sumner both jumped from 4A to 5A this year. Paola and Pittsburg dropped from 5A to 4A.
For more on the new classifications, pick up the Thursday edition of The Current.
More like this story
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.
- Second to none: Longtime Bonner police chief announces retirement
- Kansas State awards $500K in grants for global food research
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education