Team collecting cell phones
The Lansing High girls' basketball team is collecting old and broken cell phones again throughout the school year.
The club collects between $1 and $5 for each phone it ships to EcoPhones, of Addison, Texas.
LHS girls' basketball coach Keith Andrews said proceeds will benefit the Lady Lions Basketball Club. The funds will purchase items for the team, such as T-shirts and equipment.
Andrews said the entire community could donate to the cause by taking their old phones to the high school, 220 Lion Lane.
More like this story
- Basehor ‘gaining traction’ in push for EMS expansion
- Art festival, patriotic celebration to take over Downtown Bonner June 27
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Where comics, movies and TV shows come to life
- Kansas City reaches deal to create 'Smart City' network