Team collecting cell phones
The Lansing High girls' basketball team is collecting old and broken cell phones again throughout the school year.
The club collects between $1 and $5 for each phone it ships to EcoPhones, of Addison, Texas.
LHS girls' basketball coach Keith Andrews said proceeds will benefit the Lady Lions Basketball Club. The funds will purchase items for the team, such as T-shirts and equipment.
Andrews said the entire community could donate to the cause by taking their old phones to the high school, 220 Lion Lane.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Confusion remains years after creation of 'Unified Government'
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Verruckt is 'terrifying, but great,' says KCK mayor