Mill Valley rolls over LHS soccer, 8-1
Less than 24 hours after winning an overtime thriller against Turner, the Lansing High boys soccer team ran out of gas against Mill Valley.
The Jaguars routed the Lions, 8-1, at Mill Valley High School. Lansing's lone goal was scored by senior Andy Dick off an assist from senior Stepan Herout.
Lansing and MIll Valley played to a 2-2 draw in the second game of the season Aug. 31.
The game against Mill Valley was Lansing's third of the week. LHS pounded Bishop Ward on Monday, 8-1, and then earned a 3-2 overtime decision Wednesday on the road at Turner. In that game, Dick gave Lansing a 1-0 lead in the first half, but Turner responded with two unanswered goals. Senior Nate Markovetz tied the match late in regulation before senior Tylor McNeill buried the game-winner in overtime. Dick and Markovetz both tallied assists in the victory and senior goalkeeper Alex Burton had 10 saves.
Lansing (7-2-1) next plays at 6 p.m. Monday against Tonganoxie at Lansing Middle School.
More like this story
- Tractor Daze event expected to be bigger, better
- Populating pollinators: Bonner school, Ag Hall create bee-friendly curriculum
- Tonganoxie's Kirby McRill Aventure Walk/Run is Saturday
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Basehor car enthusiast to participate in 'Art of the Car'