Bobcat Relays postponed
The headline on the Weather Channel's Web site said it best: "Winter assaults spring in Midwest."
With temperatures expected to dip below freezing, and talk of snow entering the forecast, officials at Basehor-Linwood High School announced the postponement of the school's annual track meet, which was scheduled for Thursday, April 5.
BLHS athletic director Joe Keeler made the call just after 1 p.m. on Wednesday.
As a result, the meet will take place on Friday, April 13 at the BLHS football stadium.
Events will begin at the originally scheduled time of 4 p.m., with the finals set to start sometime around 6:30 p.m.
More like this story
- Old Mid-Continent Airport terminal auction yields $83,000
- B-29 Superfortress engines started for first time since 1956
- Royals legend helps Gold Glove Week thrive
- Edwardsville Parks and Rec's Gold Glove Week to raise funds for Children's Mercy
- Pilot killed in Wichita crash ID'd as former Cessna engineer