JV golfers fifth at Jeff West
The Lansing High junior varsity golf team placed fifth at the Jefferson West JV Invitational on Tuesday.
Freshman Ken Ritchie led LHS with a fourth-place finish after shooting a nine-hole round of 42. Also competing for Lansing were Hank Price (50), Andy Armstrong (55), Kevin Reed (55), Derek Sellers (56) and Tyler Gates (56).
Silver Lake won the tournament with a team score of 180. That was six strokes better than runner-up Jeff West. Lansing shot a 202.
Silver Lake's Seth Kelley was the overall champion with a 40.
More like this story
- Backyard Beauty: Basehor area resident turns yard into wildlife habitat
- Chronic wasting disease spreads to 6 more Kansas counties
- Court ruling on air standards may save Westar millions
- Basehor library program offers tips on butterfly, bird habitats
- Kansas logs first sighting of tropical piratic flycatcher