Lansing’s Overlook closes its doors
After more than six years in business, The Overlook Restaurant has closed.
The restaurant, which opened in December 2000, had its last day of business on Friday.
Co-owner Chris Lozenski said the restaurant was an investment he's moving on from.
His partner was Jim Campbell.
Lozenski has been in the restaurant business for 17 years. He and Campbell recently sold Mama Mia's, a successful Italian restaurant in Leavenworth.
"Basically, they were just tired of working it," said Mayor Kenneth Bernard, who talked to Lozenski on Tuesday. "Business was still doing OK. It's kind of a surprise, isn't it?"
Lozenski said he was working with a Realtor to sell the business.
"With all the buildings going up around there, you would think it's a very appealing site, if you are in the restaurant business," Bernard said.
Lozenski indicated he was going to take about a year off from work.
More like this story
- Sirens failed to sound in Nickerson as tornado hit area
- Chronic wasting disease spreads to 6 more Kansas counties
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Emergency room at Topeka VA reopens