Baseball and soccer still on; weather cancels tennis, softball and track meets
With wintry weather in the forecast for this afternoon, numerous high school sporting events in the Kansas City area have been postponed, and some Lansing High and Lansing Middle School sporting events are included.
The LHS track team was slated to compete at 4 p.m. today at the Bobcat Relays at Basehor-Linwood High School. The meet has been pushed back to Friday, April 13. The Lansing Middle School track meet also has been postponed because of the weather, but no makeup date has been set yet.
The Lansing High tennis team's tournament at Gardner-Edgerton also was canceled today, as was the softball home doubleheader against Mill Valley.
Not all sporting events have been halted, though. The LHS baseball team's 4 p.m. doubleheader against Mill Valley at the 3&2 West Complex still is on. So is the 4:30 p.m. girls soccer game at Ottawa.
Stay tuned to lansingcurrent.com for additional sports updates, as well as for rescheduling information regarding events that were canceled today.
More like this story
- Sheriff: Inmate orchestrated drug deals over jail pay phone
- Wichita voters approve reducing marijuana penalties
- Police: Woman arrested in battery of police horse in Wichita
- Tonganoxie man arrested on suspicion of child endangerment, alcohol charges
- Wichita says pot ordinance should be stayed till court rules