LHS softball, baseball postponed; track meet pushed back again
The Lansing High softball and baseball team's games scheduled for today against Bonner Springs have been postponed because of wet field conditions.
Thunderstorms in recent days soaked the fields, and they have not dried out enough to be considered playable today.
The varsity and junior varsity softball games have been rescheduled for 4:30 p.m. Friday, April 27, at Lansing City Park.
The baseball games also have been rescheduled. The varsity will play at 4 p.m. Monday, May 7, at Bonner Springs. The junior varsity game will be played at the same time, but it will take place at LHS.
In addition, the Bobcat Relays at Basehor-Linwood that were originally scheduled for April 5 and then pushed back to Friday, April 13, are being postponed again. Snow is in the forecast for Friday, so the track meet now will take place at 4 p.m. Tuesday, April 17.
More like this story
- Basehor fundraiser carries on tradition of support for Safe Harbor
- Old Mid-Continent Airport terminal auction yields $83,000
- Questions on classroom spending cloud Kansas schools debate
- Kansas again faces possible loss of all federal arts funding
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan