Motorcyclist killed on K-5
A Liberty, Mo., man was killed Sunday in a motorcycle accident southeast of Lansing on Kansas Highway 5.
The accident happened about 4:40 p.m. in Leavenworth County on K-5, about a half-mile north of 127th St.,
William John Moser, 57, Liberty, was driving south on K-5 when he lost control of the motorcycle and slid under a car traveling north, according to the Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office. The northbound car was driven by Thomas Martin Jr., 27, of Lansing.
Moser, who had the Harley-Davidson motorcycle only for a week, was traveling with a group of eight to 10 other motorcyclists who witnessed the crash and reported it to police. The accident report did not indicate whether Moser was wearing a helmet.
More like this story
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites
- Kansas Supreme Court to consider convicted killer's appeal