Fort homes tour slated for Saturday
Fort Leavenworth will have its 30th Annual Historic Homes Tour from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, April 21.
This year's tour features 12 homes and the historic Memorial Chapel, built by prison labor in 1878. Guests this year will be able to drive or walk the tour, with designated handicap parking in front of each house.
Each home on the tour showcases individual decorating styles along with the unique items the military family has collected from across the globe.
The public is also invited to the Living History Association's annual Dragoon Encampment at the Main Parade Field. Mounted horse drills and cannon salutes will be conducted from opening- flag raising at 10 a.m. to the retreat at 4 p.m.
Advance tickets are available at the Frontier Army Museum Gift Shop on Fort Leavenworth. Ticket prices are $8 in advance or $10 the day of the tour. Only cash or checks will be accepted.
More like this story
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives
- Breaking the mold: Male teachers at Bonner school serve as role models, break stereotype
- Kansas battles pay-related turnover among prison staff
- Brownback urges schools to move more money into classrooms
- Presidents of 4 Kansas universities decline salary increase