Greene leads Lions to runner-up finish at Atchison
After struggling on Monday at the Iola Invitational, the Lansing High golf team regrouped Tuesday at the Atchison Invitational and placed second in the 14-team tournament at Bellevue Country Club.
Maur Hill won the team title with a four-person score of 154 in the nine-hole tournament. LHS was close behind with a 159, three strokes better than third-place Immaculata.
Cody Wallace of Bonner Springs was the individual champion with a 37. Lansing's Josh Greene finished eighth with a 39.
Stefan Froelich, Maria Jackson and Zach Robinson all shot 40, Kyle Willcott had a 44 and Ryan Willcott rounded out the LHS lineup with a 47.
More like this story
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives
- Kansas student's budget documentary stirs controversy
- First land bank lots from Fort Riley overbuilding to be sold
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers