LHS track competes at Louisburg, Platte County
Two members of the Lansing High track team recorded first-place finishes Thursday, April 19, at the Louisburg Invitational.
Senior Adam Vordermark won the 800-meter run in a season-best time of 2:05.08. Freshman Lauren Jaqua was the meet champion in the 1,600-meter run in 6:05.07. She finished four seconds ahead of meet runner-up and teammate Sarah Nielsen (6:09.74).
Those finishes were strong enough to lead the LHS boys to a sixth-place finish in the team standings and the girls to a fifth-place finish.
LHS traveled to Platte County (Mo.) High School on Tuesday for another meet, but only a few events took place before inclement weather forced the meet to be postponed. Senior Erin Rogers won the pole vault by clearing 8-6. Junior Will Johnson placed fourth in the triple jump with a career-best mark of 41-6.
More like this story
- 2 charged after niece rescued from sweltering car in Kansas
- Basehor-Linwood's Walcott signs with Pitt State
- The show must go on: Walcott competes at KU Relays, performs in school play in same night
- Basehor-Linwood track teams shine in Baldwin
- The Latest on Jewish shootings: Jury weighing death sentence